Do I need a Monolith in my life?

TeamEmperor

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys Im a noob on here so please go easy:)
Ive had for the last 7-8 years the energy take 5 speakers & a paradigm ps1000 Now I love this sub Ive got it working very well but I really want Not louder but more depth True 20hz. I dont listen to films stupidly loud but the ps1000 always gives that nice bass even if the volume is low That real full bass feeling if u know what I mean.
I like my sub to just impact when its called for not rumble through the whole film. I dont want to spend £400 for just a little upgrade :( I always wanted the servo 15 & thinking the monolith might be the new answer. Can the monolith give that real LOW depth even when its working on low volumes? Not having to turn it up to silly levels to get those low deep tones.

Do I need this sub???:thumbsup:

I have to say as a previous PS1000 owner that this sub was one of the best I have heard for the money.

I have to say I have not heard the Monolith but I would strongly recomend you get a demo to check it's better than the PS1000.

I went from the PS to a PB Ultra 13 and have been pleased with my purchase but the PS still hold's a speacial place for me.

regards

Andy

I would agree with the above that the PS1000 is excellent for the money. For the £90 they can be picked up for, they really are incredible value.

If it's the really low 'feel it as much as you hear it' stuff you are after, the Monolith will definitely go deeper than a PS1000 (by about 10Hz) and do it with considerably less distortion below 40Hz.

Russell

cheers guys Thats what im worried about Ive had the ps1000 for a long time & get really good results no boom etc just nice full & some really low bass But if monoliath can get another 10hz down on the ps1000 then im very intrested. I really want to feel the bass which you only get a little bit with the ps1000 & thats usally when u turn it up way to loud. I want the monoliath to be able to do that deep feel bass while its a set at nice low balanced levels with my surround speakers

cheers guys Thats what im worried about Ive had the ps1000 for a long time & get really good results no boom etc just nice full & some really low bass But if monoliath can get another 10hz down on the ps1000 then im very intrested. I really want to feel the bass which you only get a little bit with the ps1000 & thats usally when u turn it up way to loud. I want the monoliath to be able to do that deep feel bass while its a set at nice low balanced levels with my surround speakers

I would imagine you will be very happy with the Monolith if low distortion bass is on your list of requirements :thumbsup: .. so when are you ordering one then ? :D

Well I have 1 problem in the way THE MRS:rotfl: See the ps1000 isnt small & she moans about that But the monoliath looks huge.

Has anyone got the dimensions for it?

Well checked out the dimensions & all is good its just taller than the ps1000 So will fit quite easly where the ps1000 sits at the mo. And another result is I talked to the mrs & she said if i still want it in 1 month I can have as a birthday present:smashin::D.

But what to go for black ash to match av equipment Or wood colour to match furniture hmmm.

Also how does it work with ordering 1 do they build them for Individual customers? & how long does it take?

Also with delivery can you specify when its delivered ?

Im all excited but still nervous about buying 1 Can u really feel the bass at average sound levels when watching 5.1 content I will be using sub for blueray HD-dvd (dvd) ps3 Tv wii etc....

If it isnt much improvment on the ps1000 im going to be gutted:rolleyes:

If it isnt much improvment on the ps1000 im going to be gutted:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I would really listen to one first, The PS1000 is a great sub.

If it isnt much improvment on the ps1000 im going to be gutted:rolleyes:

I would really listen to one first, The PS1000 is a great sub.[/quote]

You are right But I dont think there is anyone in devon with 1:( Im sure i read there was a ps1000 owner who upgrade to the monolith but not sure who it was now:confused:

See ive read that the monolith beats subs that cost far more than it & higher rated subs than the ps1000 so in theroy it should be fine.:rolleyes:

But you are right the ps1000 has been fantastic I just want more depth & slam:arty:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom