Do I need a classic controller ?

fallwood

Novice Member
Do i really need to buy a clasic controller to play nes/snes or megadrive games as the wiimote on its side seems perfectly adequate for a quickretro blast. Can you use the wiimote for virtual console games or do you need to use original cube pads/classic pad.

artois

Novice Member
I think you need a classic or gamecube controller to play N64 games (not actually sure, probably just making it up). I got 3 classic pads and a wavebird for 4 player mario kart 64 and diddy kong racing. Not out till next year but will be awesome. In the meantime, its probably worth getting one classic. Great build quality.:smashin:

Indiana Jones

Do i really need to buy a clasic controller to play nes/snes or megadrive games as the wiimote on its side seems perfectly adequate for a quickretro blast. Can you use the wiimote for virtual console games or do you need to use original cube pads/classic pad.
Nope you dont need a classic controller unless you want to play N64 games but then again you can use a Gamecube controller so really no need to get one at all.

nil102

Novice Member
If you check on each virtual console game it tells you which controller/s you require to run them

dodger747

Novice Member
You need the classic controller if you want to play EVERY game, but most games support more than one controller be it the Wii or Gamecube one...:thumbsup:

fallwood

Novice Member
Cheers , I think I'll have a dabble with the wii remote and a cube pad for n64 stuff for now. I cant see me playing that many virtual console games as I've been into the emulation scene for years and the nostalgia trip wore off years ago.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom