1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need a Barco Super Video RCVDS 400 Quad ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ralphot, Mar 17, 2005.

1. ralphot

ralphot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the opportunity to buy such a unit for my Barco Data 600 to get the possibility to switch between different sources (RGB but not scart) and adjust more then contrast and brightness for my RGB connection.

I have the little box (remote called) sitting at the back but the color and sharpness controls works only with composite video settings. Tint does not work at all.

When inputting RGB + sync directly to the BD600 only contrast and brightness works.

Do I need the RCVDS 400 Quad or is it an overkill? I can always make a switching unit that switches between different scart sources.

Do I get better picture quality with that unit?

It seems that when inputting RGB and sync from my DVD player the picture is less sharp then if I feed directly composite video.

There are two choices , RGsB + sync and RGB + sync. The first works OK but the other does not sync at all. Wonder why.

Further, I have not found the RGB/s analog input board, found only the TTL RGB input board. I was looking for the 75 ohms termination switches for r, g, b and s. If termination is not present, the picture quality is suffering of course. Does anybody know where to find that?

Pictures: http://www.bohuswines.se/images/BD600.jpg

Do I need to make any other picture of the unit, please advise, I will do.

And, what's the difference between a "Super Video ...." and an ordinary RCVDS 400 Quad ?

Many questions, appreciate answers on all if possible :)

Ralph

2. ledoctt

ledoctt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi , your CRT BD 600 doesn't have decoder Pal/secam/NTSC because the board it's RGB 30MHZ ........
    So if you want to connect Vidéo or S vidéo you must have a selector RCVS 400 Quad because he have decoder integrated vidéo and Svidéo who's transforming signal to RGBS for your CRT..

The RCVDS have different Input BOARD RGB analog or RGB TTL (obsolete) Vidéo or Svidéo (attention some board need to be upgrade because they have a problem of conception)

3. ralphot

ralphot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I suspected that this unit should be of great importance to acheive the best picture. I have tried to connect the RGB signals directly from the scart on the DVD-player but the picture is not very good. If I use composite video (which my BD 600 has input for) the picture is much better though not very good.

Thanks dear ledocct for your tip! :thumbsup:

Ralph