1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need a 3 chip model

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Walrus, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Walrus

Walrus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Having come from the stills world ( where image quality is paramount) and about to embark on movies I was wondering if I need a 3 chip model like the Panasonic nvmx500 or a single chip model like the JVC grdv3000. I will be using it for holidays, children and the like but not commercial work. Any comments will be appreciated.

Phil

2. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    How much do you want to spend?

If I had the money,which I haven't,I'd probably go for a 3 CCD camcorder,as you generally get what you pay for and it is near professional quality I would think.

They do get larger though the further you go up the ladder and I wanted a compact camcorder for transporting around on holiday,so I bought a Panasonic GX7,which I love.

Try and read some reviews of the models above and below mine.

Consider JVC also.I nearly bought the GRDV3000,which is £800 now I think and a great spec,but was too big for me plus dearer.

I've owned a Sony Digital 8 before and that was brill as well.

I don't think you can go wrong with any digital camcorder really,for your stated uses.

3. Walrus

Walrus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Wayne, Ive decided to go for the Panasonic NVMX350 which has been reduced to £899 at Lets Go Digital as its to be replaced by the NVMX500
    Phil

4. JayX

JayX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    sounds nice :) u dont happen to be into punk music by anychance? always looking for SouthWales people to hang by the pit with me putting their technology at risk for the sake of a nice video :D

5. Walrus

Walrus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No sorry, really not into punk.

6. Bram1982

Bram1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. Tunes Man

Tunes Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know you decided on a Panasonic camera but did you consider Sony at all when you were making your decision? I own a 3 chip
    Sony camcorder; the VX2000 and love the video it takes, as well as decent stills. If the Sony VX was beyond your reach financially, I understand.
    By the way, is the Panasonic NVMX350 a single chip or a 3 chip camera? Tunes Man.