1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I hold out for the prices of panny e60 to drop?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stolt, Mar 9, 2004.

1. stolt

stolt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi after my previous thread I had been advised/decided on the panny e60, after looking around and setting my mind on this machine, they go and bring out the e65! (not sure if there are many differencies between the older and newer model, but on some websites there seems to be only a £30 difference, is the £40 worth paying, and should I hold on til the e65 is released in the hope that the e60 price is slashed even further (perhaps below £300!!)

thanks for looking

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,208
    The E60 is going to remain the current model until June when the E65 should start arriving. So first of all decide if you want to wait. If you do then I should imagine the price difference between the E60 and E65 will ebb away fairly quickly. AFAIK the E65 is akin to the E55, i.e. just a slightly modified version of the original with progressive scan added.

3. stolt

stolt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks for the info Rasczak, like you say it's whether I can hold on much longer, and June seems a long time away when you want something so much, has the E55 got a i-link, or am I right in saying that it is the updated E50 so doesn't have it........

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,208
    No the E55 doesn't have iLink - so if you have a digital camcorder buy the E60/E65. Otherwise go for the cheaper E55 unless the SD/PC Card slots are of use (if you have a digital camera etc).

5. stolt

stolt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yeah also have a digital camera but are the the slots any use, i currently use the laptop to download and edit if needed, so I suppose I wont really need the slots as such. I guess the e60/e65 is the way to go, just the little decision is when to go for it..... my hunger for a new gadget is growing so i doubt I will be holding out very long : )