Do I have to be tied in for 12 months with sky?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by mivvi, Nov 20, 2004.

1. mivvi

mivvi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a Sky dish and box which ain't been been used under any type of subscription for about 2 years. If I phone Sky to connect, do I have to subscribe for 12 months? Don't see why I have to as they ain't supplying me any box or dish, so should owe them nothing, any ideas?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    If you have already subscribed to a SKY D package for the minimum term then re-subscribing means you do not have to take a 12 month min contract. However a sign on fee was brought in when people were taking out a sub just to get one of the new smartcards with the intent of cancelling after one month, not sure if this is still in force although I suspect not if your card is already a second issue FTV/ex-sub card.

3. dsk19s

dsk19s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no you dont if you have allready done your original 12 months then the minimum subs is for 30 days so if you only want it over christmas phone on 1st dec and g et reactivated and put in the 1months notice right after wards if not been used for 2 years will need new card 3-5 days ......08702 40 40 40 to reactivate and 08705488485 to cancel also there is a mailer going around at the moment 3 months half price phone and say u got the reinstates mailer think the number is 08702404020 not at work today so dont know if its the correct one or phone cust serv and ask for the happy mailer number...... :) :)

4. mivvi

mivvi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you both for your help and info. I now know what to do. Thanks again!

5. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    Or if you resent calling an 0870 number and have Sky earn 3.4p per minute from your call then dial...01506 484040 (connects to same number as above).