Do I Have A Sub Problem on my 912?

Anastie

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have a Pioneer vsxd912. Previously I owned a Sony STRDB930 and it would play all bass through the sub (Or to my novice ear appeared to)
I like the 912 but the only time I can "Feel" the sub throwing out bass is on 5.1 DVd's. My Sony activated the sub for everything DVD's CD's and Sky+ non 5.1 channels.

What setting am I missing? It is my only disapointment with this great reciever.

On the remote, press receiver and then toggle through the settings using the arrow buttons. Once you get to the sub settings, you have 3 options; Yes, No and Plus. If you set it to plus, then you should get bass through your sub when viewing Sky or playing CD's. The plus setting is only available if you have your speakers set to small. Have a re-read through the manual, it's all there :)

Originally posted by Malabbey
The plus setting is only available if you have your speakers set to small. :) [/B]

Hi there, sorry to contraddict you Malabbey, but if you set the subwoofer on the amp to PLUS, you must have set LARGE speakers, otherwise the setting is only yes or no.
I have a Pio 812 wich is the same as the 912 minus the Auto setting
Gerry

Originally posted by iaria
if you set the subwoofer on the amp to PLUS, you must have set LARGE speakers, otherwise the setting is only yes or no
Point taken but I'm sure that not all the speakers have to be set to large. I have my amp set to large for the fronts and centre and small for the rears and plus can still be enabled.

Thanks.
Either way by setting the reciever to sub plus I now have the sound I prefer.
Thanks again for your help..... Now why could I not find that info in the manual... To keen to just switch the damn thing on :)

Dont worry Anastie, I did the same when I got mine.
I was going to show off with friends and there was no bass....... didn't I feel like a fool!!!!
Gerry

Yes
nictry
It does apply to Pio 812 as well. On my 812 manual there are only few mentions to the 912, as is the same but without the aouto tuning.

Gerry

Cheers guys, just found it and can confirm only the fronts need to be set to L, nothing else matters, if you have the fronts on S the Sub is locked to Yes no option to change to No or Plus.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom