Do I have a problemwith my DV139?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by TheLastHero, Apr 24, 2007.

Tags:
  1. TheLastHero

TheLastHero
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do I have a problem with my DV139?

My 2 weeks old DV139 does a few things wrong in the 2 weeks I got this player.

Once my player didn't eject whatever I did. After a restart it was fixed.
    Everytime I start the DV139 when the plasma stands on RGB and I switch to HDMI there is a very bad picture and I have to restart the DV139. Maybe this is a HDMI problem on my plasma? I use a Chord HDMI cable.

The remote control doen's work everytime.

The DV139 is 2 weeks old, do I have to go back to my dealer?

2. TheLastHero

TheLastHero
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Someone?

3. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Hi,
    I'm thinking that try to turn on theplasma first then the DV139. that may sort out the HDMI handshaking issue you seem to be getting.
    My understanding (2nd hand info) of this is that Arcam stick very stringently along the official HDMI format where many other companies don't. This tends to mean although the problem involves the DV139 it's quite likely to be the Plasma HDMI compatibility that may be at cause.
    As for the remote, this certainly doesn't seem like any setup issue. Try one change of batteries for brand new ones (Sometimes even batteries recieved new with electrical equipment can be almost flat, happened with my NAD reciever).

Let us know.

Dan.

4. morsimon

morsimon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    What firmware release have you got ?- I believe the latest release is 4.03 and this dealt with a number of issues including some of the HDMI handshake induced ones. Otherwise try turning the plasma on first as that worked for me. If you find you cant sort it out then a call to your dealer would seem logical and they should sort out any issues for you. Good luck