Do I Get Plasma Lots Of Kids Tv Sky Sports

waterloo

Novice Member
Hi thinking of getting rid of my big rptv for a slimmed down plasma model that will fit in my front room more easily my sony is just too big. Ok i can see the pluses size looks ect but what about the negatives my tv is on all day i work at night my kids watch kids tv on sky from 4pm to about 7pm i also watch all the sport on sky and all ways on sky sports news at the weekend i can be on sky sports for 6 hours solid. The point of my post is SCREEN BURN its on these channels all the time will it affect me more than most ?

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
My daughter is never off the Disney Channel and I watched the Ryder Cup on SkySports HD for over 30 hours in one weekend on my Panasonic PX60.All I have ever got is retention (though never off the Disney Channel) and this usually goes within an hour.
I used to paranoid when I first got a Plasma, always shouting at the kids to change channel etc.Now I don't worry at all, I just let them gaet on with it.
I would say that I you avoided Pioneer(as they seem to most affected by burn) and were careful for the first 200 hours or so, with reduced brightness and contrast, you have nothing to worry about.

waterloo

Novice Member
My daughter is never off the Disney Channel and I watched the Ryder Cup on SkySports HD for over 30 hours in one weekend on my Panasonic PX60.All I have ever got is retention (though never off the Disney Channel) and this usually goes within an hour.
I used to paranoid when I first got a Plasma, always shouting at the kids to change channel etc.Now I don't worry at all, I just let them gaet on with it.
I would say that I you avoided Pioneer(as they seem to most affected by burn) and were careful for the first 200 hours or so, with reduced brightness and contrast, you have nothing to worry about.
LOL thats me im afraid i was like it at first with my current set 50in rp with turning it on and off bulb life ect i was in and out the room 50 times a day paranoid or what. Reading posts on here make me para as well so you think its ok with the sports news channel i have this on the most its got a bloody big banner across it all the time.

Midge

Novice Member
SSN is the only channel I've had a problem with, and even then, after watching it for x hours on a Saturday afternnoon, the retention only lasted a matter of minutes. I was sweating a lot during those minutes though I must add, as have only had my PX60 for a month!!!

waterloo

Novice Member
I can picture you there watching it :D can this retention turn into screen burn if you were to watch over and over again. The thing is i dont want to spend up to £2000 on a tv again its not the first time you see and to see nick :censored: junior or andy grays head on the screen even when its off:suicide:

CFCCFC

Novice Member
You know the risk, you make the choice! At the end of the day it's your money and your peace of mind!

Or not your peace of mind.....:devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom