Do i get os /recovery disc with new laptop

den9112

Hi, i have been looking at the acer aspire 5720 from tesco direct and it seems a decent laptop for the price. Could someone please tell me if i get a OS disc etc incuded, my previous laptop was purchased new and i got a OS disc and drivers cd , may seem a silly question but just need to be sure before i buy . Thanks

t1m103

it will probably come with a recovery partion on the hard drive
,with all the divers etc already on it,you just press alt+f10 on boot up to gain access to it.

t1m103

there is no need for a disk its all on the recovery partion,once you start the recovery process it will take it back to exactly how you bought it.

Boon72

my Toshiba came with a disc(DVD) which was the full install back to how it was when i bought it, if you dont have a hidden partition then i suspect you'll have a full disc.

den9112

Ok , i think i understand , just wondered how i got the OS on the laptop if i formated . But as you state am i correct in saying that it is on a partition on the hard drive all the time . Thanks

t1m103

yes its a hidden partition.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom