1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I change?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kerraig, Jan 29, 2003.

1. kerraig

kerraig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Panasonic 36PB50 and am very happy with the picture through RGB scart.

However, there seems to be a problem with the s-video port. I'm thinking of using this as an excuse to change the tv for a 36" Toshiba simply for the component input and NTSC prog scan.

Now I am perfectly happy with my RGB performance, but my xbox and my DVD player both have progressive capability. I've read variying reports about the Tosh and also reports saying the performance difference of component is negligeble on anything smaller than a 42" plasma.

So basically, is it really worth all the hassle? Will I get a noticeably better picture or will the performance jump be miniscule?

These things are never easy are they?

2. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're happy with your t.v's rgb performance I'd stick with it.What happens if you notice some of the probs that have been reported with the Tosh?You may find the switch a regrettable one.Is it worth the risk for the sake of a component input?It's just an opinion but I'd think long and hard before making a decision.