1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do i change the Hitachi :)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by manc, Jan 10, 2005.

1. manc

manc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a Hitachi 42pma400e for just over a year now and although im very happy with it the higher def Pioneers have caught my eye.
    My first question is how would you people value a year old, but mint condition display of this kind with a wall mount and component card? I know it makes little difference but it cost approaching 3k when it was new and there is very little difference between this and the newer 42pma500 that is currently around 2300 quid.
    2nd question is do we think the hastle of selling the Hitachi and fitting a Pioneer actually worth it?

Any comments much appreciated :)

2. manc

manc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone help me here :)

3. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I'd say if your happy with what you've got then stick with it for a while longer...unless the Pionneer does something that your Hitachi doesn't - such as support SkyHD for example...then shift it before it drops even more in value.

And speaking of value...what you paid is irrelevant now...if its replacement is selling for £2300 then yours will be worth less than £1000 I'd say as without any warranty they are difficult to shift.

Cheers, Lee

4. manc

manc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh I suppose the sensible half of me was saying the same. Any idea what warranty hitachi displays varry from the manufacturer anyone, like you say, If i do decide to sell it becomes important

5. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Unless you're going to rush out and buy some hi-def DVD's and a player, I don't see what improvement you're going to make ?

6. manc

manc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh fair do's, I thought maybe I could swap the Hitachi whilst it had a value - I tend to mess for messings sake sometimes.
    Think ill possibly leave it for the time being - thanks for the replys :)