1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I Buy The Sony Dcr-hc22e Or Sony Dcr-hc32e Help !!!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by mike8boro, May 3, 2005.

1. mike8boro

mike8boro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is my first camcorder that i am going to buy and i can't make my mind up which one to get. The sony dcr-hc22e is a good camcorder from what i've read or do i pay that bit more and get sony dcr-hc32e with more Features on it. Can some one please give me some advice please ?????.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    Hi Mike.

Can you give a few more details on the 2 cams, ie the different features as I really can't be bothered to go searching the internet for details of a camcorder that I am never going to buy. I, and others, will then advise you on weather we think they are worth the extra cost (and what is the extra?).
    Also, what are you going to be filming with the cam, and under what conditions ie inside the family house, on a beach etc etc.

Mark.

3. mike8boro

mike8boro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The price's on the sony camcoders are £297(hc-22e) and £351(hc-32e) and different features are the hc-32e has Camera Noise Reduction, Fader-Overlap, Wipe, Random Dot and also a different Shutter Speed 1/3-1/3500 (22e Speed is 1/50-1/3500), Audio In, Video In, Color Slow Shuter, Camera Mode, Super NightShot Plus, Memory Stick PRO Compatibility, Digital Picture Effects(Still, Flash Motion, Luminance Key, Slow Shutter, Trail, Old Movie), Playback Zoom, Progressive Shutter System. All that for £54 pound more ?, i will be using the camcorder around the house at the park with the kid's on holiday's and christening's. I am going to buy the sony hc-22e but i don't want to get 2 month's down the line and think's a should of paid that bit extra and got the next model up because it will be a long time before i upgrade it ????

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    OK, from the specs you list above IMO the most useful is the video/audio in.
    Why? Well if you are going to be doing editing of your video on a PC/Mac then you can use the analogue inputs (AV-in) to capture footage from a VCR or old analogue camcorder. Of course, if you don't intend to edit on the PC then you will not need this feature - but then again, who knows what they will want in the not too distant future!
    Super night shot could be handy, but AFAIK the PQ useing this is fairly low, but some people like it. Yet again it is down to wheather you think you will be recording at night with little light.
    All the special effects recording options are IMO a waiste of time. They look good when you first start playing with them, but you soon get bored and stop useing them. IMO you are better off creating effects with editing software on a PC.
    Memory stick capture is for putting still images onto removeable memory cards, making it easier to get the photos onto a PC. Photos from a camcorder are low quality compared to even a low cost digital camera, but they can be handy at times.

IMO the extra £54 is well worth paying just for the AV-in. But as I said above, only if you think you will have a need for it.

Good luck with the choice. Let us know what you decide, and feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Mark.