Question Do Gun Controller Games still exist?

dougle00

Hi, I'm trying to find a game like I used to play. I love the shooting games where the controller is a gun you point at the screen. Is it possible to still get a game like this to play with my son?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 765458

They can be done on a modern TV but I am not aware of a good one.

The old ones used the scan lines on tube TVs

hippo99

Distinguished Member
None for the current/last generation of games consoles.

PS3 (using move controllers), 360 (using Kinect) & Wii (using Wiimote) were the last consoles with proper light gun games/controls.

DpM

I would go for a Wii and an adaptor for the remote to use it as a gun. I play Ghost Squad and The House fo the Dead 2 & 3 on mine.
I have this attachment for the remote, works well:

Tom Davies

Editorial Contributor
I really miss borrowing my friend's gun and playing Die Hard Trilogy, Time Crisis and RE:Survivor on the Playstation. I like that feeling of being on a rail and just blasting away.

Though Conduit was fun, the Wii shooters didn't feel quite right to me (though I never had the gun case like @DpM ). Aiming just always felt a little bit laggy.

This is why CRT TVs are just better generally holds hands in front of face

In seriousness though, for that gun-toting experience, Doom VFR is the most extreme videogaming experience I've ever had. Once you're used to hopping around it's a wild ride and it usually takes me a good 30 minutes and nice hot cup of tea to come down from it.

adbailey18

I really miss borrowing my friend's gun and playing Die Hard Trilogy, Time Crisis and RE:Survivor on the Playstation. I like that feeling of being on a rail and just blasting away.

Though Conduit was fun, the Wii shooters didn't feel quite right to me (though I never had the gun case like @DpM ). Aiming just always felt a little bit laggy.

This is why CRT TVs are just better generally holds hands in front of face

In seriousness though, for that gun-toting experience, Doom VFR is the most extreme videogaming experience I've ever had. Once you're used to hopping around it's a wild ride and it usually takes me a good 30 minutes and nice hot cup of tea to come down from it.
Die Hard Trilogy, would love to replay that. Can remember back in the day we use to take it in turns see who got the furthest, eventually turning into who could complete quickest. Was quite fun doing a lot of smokin' and drinking watching 🤣😅

Zarf2007

Fake Shempz

Die Hard Trilogy, would love to replay that. Can remember back in the day we use to take it in turns see who got the furthest, eventually turning into who could complete quickest. Was quite fun doing a lot of smokin' and drinking watching 🤣😅

The driving part of Die Hard Trilogy was my favourite - I think you had to get to the bombs before they exploded IIRC. I really loved the samples of Samuel L Jackson's voice during that section...."are you aiming at them people?"

The_Wierd

I still have a Dreamcast and light gun, but sadly it doesn’t work on modern TVs. House of the Dead and Confidential Mission were my faves.

A few decent ones on the Wii/WiiU - Ghost Squad, Resident Evil Umbrella / Darkside Chronicles and Dead Space Extraction are all good. House of the Dead Overkill also great, but not for kids!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom