Do expensive HDMI cables make a difference?

Otto Pylot

It should, but they won't be anywhere near as flexible as a fiber or hybrid fiber cable. Zeskit is shipping me the cables next week so we'll see how stiff they are. I'm testing out the new Ruipro X cables now and I can easly place them is a loop behind my system so they lie flat, out of the way, with no degradation in performance (HDMI 2.0).

tcp/ip

In case it helps anyone I had an issue with my existing 15m HDMI cable that was installed about 5 years ago and while it was perfect for 4k even with HDR it was never able to accommodate 4K Dolby Vision.

As I am moving house soon I wanted to test out a new 15m cable and went for the RUIPRO 15m Fibre HDMI Cable Amazon product
From testing, it is able to perform 4K HDR inc Dolby Vision and HDR 10+ with no issues at all.
Thought it might be helpful for some people.

Otto Pylot

The Ruipro 4k hybrid fiber cable (HDMI 2.0 options) is one that we have been recommending for a long time. The current issue is long runs and the HDMI 2.1 option sets.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom