• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Do dogs think they're human?

Artie Fufkin

Prominent Member
So, you've got a family pet dog and it wants on the sofa. Why shouldn't it??..it sees it's pals [read: everyone else in the household] doing it. Is said dog just chancing it, or does it really think that it is one of us - a human? Does it realise that it's not the same species?

Just a curious late night post.:rolleyes:

abraxus

Established Member
My brother has dogs and he believes that they do think they're human.

I think that it's either that or they think we're dogs, in that by nature they're pack animals, and os when in a group, any group, they think the're all the same. Which is why when training them you have to establish yourself as leader of the pack, or top dog:D

klr10

Established Member
I had a lovely mutt (from a home) called Max. He changed my life bless him. He understood more words than many of my human mates (although I am from essex). I had to leave him when I moved back to London - (he still lives in Camber Sands xxxxxxxx)

Steven

Senior Moderator
We've just got a young puppy (see Andrex thread), and it actually stops climbing onto the sofa on command. Hopefully repeated obedience training will make for a disciplined dog :)

Garrett

SOK said:
Do humans lick their own b***s?

I rest my case.
la gran siete said:
or sniff other ...............no Im not going there:eek:
Ah but do dogs kill others just because of the colour or religion, or pollute/populate the planet to to the brink of its limits. I think not they have a long way to descend before they can start thinking there our equal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom