1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do Computers Make Good DVD Players for Projectors

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by chestnut, Feb 7, 2005.

1. chestnut

chestnut
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Im pretty sad when it comes to buying tech stuff always having to look at every angle before parting with cash. Im currently looking at setting up a projector in my front bedroom and have the 4805 and H30A in mind which I understand are both solid performers.

It the source im puzzling over. I can either buy a denon 1910 (£220) or run the film through my PC (zero). The PC looks favorite as my graphics card pretty good (radeon 9800 pro) and monies tight. With these projectors in mind can anyone recommend the best software to run the film on my PC and what the picture quality will be like taking this approach? Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Chestnut

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You'd probably get a better response to this in the HCPC forum :) .. the quality of picture you can expect from a PC will be greatly better than a 1910, though it may take a bit of twiddling to get there. There are several software DVD players, a popular one (that I use) is TheaterTek and around £45 IIRC. You'll also probably need a utility called Powerstrip to set the desktop resolution to match the projector, c. £20.

Beyond that there are several other bits and pieces you could consider .. the PC route isn't without its' temptations. :)