Do Comet price-match?

winstano

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be getting a new TV (Samsung 40" LCD) and a PS3 today, and I was thinking about getting the lot from Comet... Only problem is that they're still doing the PS3 for £425...

Anyone know if they'll pricematch Blockbuster? I quite fancy a game, film and an HDMI lead thrown in for £459

Get the ps3 on ebay is my advice, i got a 20GB US model for £320 and free next day delivery. I wouldnt advise buying the TV on there however, the postage will cost you a bomb.

I'm going to be getting a new TV (Samsung 40" LCD) and a PS3 today, and I was thinking about getting the lot from Comet... Only problem is that they're still doing the PS3 for £425...

Anyone know if they'll pricematch Blockbuster? I quite fancy a game, film and an HDMI lead thrown in for £459

If the package is exacly the same then yet, but if they have to make a package to match Blockbuster then no.

e.g They will price match just the console for £399, but if they don't have a deal that is on offer and has the exact same items then its a no go.

If the package is exacly the same then yet, but if they have to make a package to match Blockbuster then no.

e.g They will price match just the console for £399, but if they don't have a deal that is on offer and has the exact same items then its a no go.

Hmmm, looks like I'll have to get them to match the £399 for the console then... I suppose I could always try and wangle them out of an HDMI cable or a controller... After all, I'm spending a *lot* of money in there!! (Besides, I'm looking at £460 for a console, game and HDMI lead for £460, and I'm not overly bothered about a bluray disc if it boils down to it)

And I would get one on eBay, but I've had a couple of bad deals with expensive items, and I wouldn't trust my postman with a 7" vinyl, let alone a PS3!!

Cheers for the quick comments guys, I'll hopefully be blasting Chimeras all night in HD on my brand new 40" screen!!! :D :D

Go to play.com and look at the Ps3 Deals on there :D and they do tv's as well.I have used them for years! all sent free....

just get the ps3 from bb and the tv from currys, better customer service than comet and seem more willing to help should the need arise. just my experience, but now wouldnt buy anything other than cheap stuff from comets.

We're putting it on a Comet card today thought, and paying the balance off on Tues/Weds...

Reason being there's a cheque waiting to be cleared, and the general concensus is that the TV/PS3 is only on offer until Tuesday, and my cheque seems like it may not be ready til Weds... So for now, I can get it without paying interest straight off, and pay the balance off in the week...

go to john lewis they do price match for everything plus 5 year warranty for tv's

just get the ps3 from bb and the tv from currys, better customer service than comet and seem more willing to help should the need arise. just my experience, but now wouldnt buy anything other than cheap stuff from comets.
You are joking right ?

Comet are also a bunch of monkeys but Currys are even worse!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom