Do CEC deck controls work if device is not directly connected?

aalba6675

Novice Member
General CEC question: my LG TV onscreen remote has CEC deck controls which work when a Chromecast or Samsung BD player is
connected directly to the TV.

If I put the BD player behind an AVR, CEC power works for all 3 devices in the chain but the LG TV
deck controls have no effect on the BD player.

I guess the deck control is "swallowed" up by the AVR....

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
My Panasonic TV controls my Chromecast TV (Gen 1, I think) through my Onkyo AVR. At least for play, pause etc.,.

My Humax PVR, also via the Onkyo only obeys the Humax remote via IR; but Humax and hdmi are dreadful and neither power not source switching work properly with it.

HDMI CEC control is a very variable feast.

aalba6675

Novice Member
My Panasonic TV controls my Chromecast TV (Gen 1, I think) through my Onkyo AVR. At least for play, pause etc.,.

My Humax PVR, also via the Onkyo only obeys the Humax remote via IR; but Humax and hdmi are dreadful and neither power not source switching work properly with it.

HDMI CEC control is a very variable feast.
Thanks for the pointer — I also connected my Chromecast1 via the AVR, and the TV(LG's SimpLink) detected the device behind the AVR and named it correctly as "Chromecast". It does not detect the Samsung BD so it seems to be a CEC implementation issue.

Indeed deck controls work on the Chromecast behind the AVR.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom