Do Blu-Ray players get hot?

Archie303

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone advise if Blu-Ray players get warm or hot. I may have to rearrange my Media Cabinet to accomodate one when I buy it. My Av amp will be sittingon the shelf below and it runs quite hot, making the shelf above where the Blu-Ray would sit heat up.
I have just removed my sky hd box from this shelf as everything was getting so hot.
I will have to take the cabinet apart to move the shelf up, although I should probably move the shelf up a bit anyway to stop the Amp temperature heating the bottom of the Blu-Ray.

Can anyone advise if Blu-Ray players get warm or hot. I may have to rearrange my Media Cabinet to accomodate one when I buy it. My Av amp will be sittingon the shelf below and it runs quite hot, making the shelf above where the Blu-Ray would sit heat up.
I have just removed my sky hd box from this shelf as everything was getting so hot.
I will have to take the cabinet apart to move the shelf up, although I should probably move the shelf up a bit anyway to stop the Amp temperature heating the bottom of the Blu-Ray.
bought a brand new panasonic bluray recorder...after 10 mins or less it was so hot you couldnt touch it...obviously a fault somewhere as other people have had the same problem

Stacking equipment compromises heat dissipation which will compromise reliability... so where possible introduce spacers between items in the stack.

One suggestion is to use small cut lengths of Black PVC rainwater pipe which manages to look reasonably appropriate with hi-tech.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom