1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do Better Mains Cables Work?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by forrestgump, Apr 11, 2004.

1. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Just finished my Home cinema set up and have 3 or 4 russ andrews yellow power cables left over form my hi fi days, anyone use them for plasma or cable or dvd player etc, do they improve the picture? seems a pity to not use them but cannot be ars...d moving all the cables around again if they don't improve on a standard mains cable, they did work in my hi fi for sure but seeking advice from forum about picture imprivements?

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    You lazy B:rotfl:

The only way to know for sure is to try them. If you've got them lying around why not give them a try. I've heard people say there are picture and sound benefits when used with dvd players and plasmas. I recently bought a audusa mains cable for my naim cdp I did notice a marginal improvement over the shipped one but I didn't expect miracles.

Seems a shame not to use them and they're hardly cheap so I'd want to get my monies worth.:devil:

If they gave you improvements on your hifi equipment I can't see any reasons why that wouldn't apply to your av kit:smashin:

3. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    sound and honest advice, can't beat that! p.S how do you add all the details of your av kit to the bottom of your threads or replies?

4. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    Click on the user cp button at the top and go into edit profile. Type what you want in the signature frame:)

5. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    The results can be very variable,depending on the mains quality,degree of intereference from other equipment etc,but as Hawklord says...try it.
    I've found using heavy guage Kimber mains cables on my Krells and AV32R has been very useful.