do any of you guys use a scart splitter?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by DonMaico, Aug 22, 2004.

1. DonMaico

DonMaico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so as to connect a sky+ digibox and dvd player to one rgb enabled scart socket? As I have only one of the latter on my TV and had no choice but having spken to Sky advisors they thoughtoit not a good idea beacuse of possible loss of signal. Trouble was I was recording stuff and on play back the picture kept freezing at one particular point and so the whole recording was useless. First time I rang them they suggested not using the splitter but this made no difference . I rang them again and they got me to reset the LNB and it works ok now but I am not sure whether to use the splitter again.Any of you guys experienced similar problems? :)

2. DonMaico

DonMaico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my spplitter is a manual Lektropac one

3. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Don

I think they have been leading you astray, it seem highly unlikely that a scart splitter would cause any signal/reception issues. It is safe to say with 99.99% certainty that the issues are unrelated.

Any splitter introduces some loss, but only to the video information displayed on the screen, in the form of softness of the picture or problems in the colour. This model is pretty much recognised as the best there is, http://www.pluggedin.tv/item--RGB-Scart-Switch--JS-RGB-MSC though I would make sure that your existing installation is working correctly before considering any upgrades.

regards

4. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    I'm using the Vivanco SBX99 Scart Distribution box which features 4 fully wired RGB inputs and 1 RGB output. I have my DVD player, Sky+ and Xbox connected to it and I haven't noticed any degradation in picture quality. It's not something you can buy from many places and only knew of its existence after reading about it in What Hi-Fi but most Dixons stores sell it as far as I'm aware.

5. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    I forgot to mention it costs around £70.

6. DonMaico

DonMaico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi David thanks for your reply. just tried using my manualy switched scart splitter and it failed to record or playback anything I had previously recorded . Not only that all the digital chanels were blank. So I switched the whole thing of disconected the splitter switched back on and bingo it works( except the failed recording). I think I may give pluggedin a ring see what they suggest. Cheers!

7. DonMaico

DonMaico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ty markwpage