• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Do any Multimedia Players work with Nero Digital?

SportiveUK

I have an Archos AV700 which I use to play DivX video files on. However I would much prefer to use Nero Digital because

(a) it is much much faster to vconvert and
(b) I think the quality is better.

My understanding is that Nero Digital follows all MPEG-4 standards (in terms of video) to the letter and yet converted files won't play on my Archos. I think this is to do with the sound conversion and unfortunately there is no way to change this using Nero Recode.

Does anyone know of a HDD player that actually works with Nero Digital both it terms of video & sound? It looks like the newer Archos models might work as they support AAC audio with an optional plug-in but I'm not really sure!

Thanks

Andrew

RSK21

Hello there,

The newer Archos models (generation 4 and 5) both support Nero Digital happily but sadly the older AV series do not. I can confirm this 100% as my dad has an Av700 and I have a 604 and 704. The only caveat is that I think it depends on buying the extra cost podcast plug-in (H264 and AAC compatibility) to achieve this.

RSK

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom