Do all Xbox games output surround sound??.

lettuce

Have got a Xbox Series X and notice it doesn't have a toslink connection for audio so will have to use another method to get sound to my Denon X-2400H AVR. I have my Series X connected directly to my Hisense TV (as my AVR doesn't support HDR) and then a hdmi cable connected to the ARC input of the TV to my AVR. I have set the audio mode under ARC on my Hisense TV to 'Pass through' (other options were PCM, Auto, DD & DD+) and on the AVR to 'Pure Auto'.

On the Xbox when I change the audio options the AVR reports the changing of audio and seems to display the correct audio info, for example if I select uncompressed stereo on the xbox the AVR reports a stereo signal and if I change it to Dolby Digital Plus the AVR reports this too so I believe I have it setup correctly.

Now my issues is Ive tried 2 games so far, Prey and Halo Infinite and not one of them seems to be outputting any audio to the surround speakers at all!!. Do all Xbox games actually output surround sound or is it only if the game is programmed for this, as I know not all games give options in the audio settings to change the speaker type but surely a new game like Halo Infinite should be using DD Surround Sound right?

Indiana Jones

Pretty sure all Xbox games have been surround sound going back a decade or so.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom