Do all the 5 series ATI cards pass True HD and DTS HD to the amp?

Nice to hear it's working quietly. Did you notice any image quality differences between them?

Good question, on reflection I think not. My VC-1 content works much better but I have changed from the projecthtpc setup (MediaPortal, KMPlayer) to that in Davey's thread so I can't put that change down to hardware alone.

installed windows 7 last night and after an initial struggle to work out what the hell was going on (having come from XP and never having used Vista) I have started davebryce's guide. I now have working DTS-MA and TrueHD bitstreaming from the 5670 through MPC-HC and ffdshow (both latest builds as of 31/01)...:smashin:

Which Ati drivers did u use?

Good question, on reflection I think not. My VC-1 content works much better but I have changed from the projecthtpc setup (MediaPortal, KMPlayer) to that in Davey's thread so I can't put that change down to hardware alone.

Actually, I think standard def DVD MKVs look alot better on the new card :)

Has anyone tried one of the new budget 5450 based cards yet?
Looking at them as they are sub £50, and sub £40 in a few cases and appear to do all I need to update my HCPC.

Software wise I'm running the MyMovies 3 7MC interface with TMT3 for the playback.

not heard of anyonw with one yet, i would think just for video playback they would be ok but will also depend on the rest of your spec.

Has anyone tried one of the new budget 5450 based cards yet?
Looking at them as they are sub £50, and sub £40 in a few cases and appear to do all I need to update my HCPC.

Software wise I'm running the MyMovies 3 7MC interface with TMT3 for the playback.

Early reports suggest that there is an issue with de-interlacing and smooth video playback.

If you enable "Smooth Video Playback" you don't get Vector Adaptive de-interlacing on 1080i, and get Motion Adaptive instead.

Not sure if this is a driver issue or a lack of shaders issue.

Annoying if you watch 1080i native content - like sport, entertainment etc. on BBC/ITV1 HD or 1080i stuff on Blu-ray. (Quite a lot of BBC BD releases are 1080i not 1080p)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom