Do all hdmi splitters pass through Dolby Atmos?

Barsiem

Established Member
Reaction score
Long story short, I’m having issues with my chromecast through my soundbar. I can only get one of either sound or picture to work. The soundbar has Dolby atmos that I’m obvs keen to use, and I want to try a hdmi splitter to see if that resolves the issue, thinking being that if I’m only using the hdmi input on the soundbar.

Do I need to look for a splitter than advertises atmos support? I’m unsure if only some splitters support it, or if those stating they do are just hyping their product in order to get idiots like me to buy them 😂

Thanks in advance for any advice

List the make and full model number of all devices you are trying to connect up.

Joe

Chromecast Ultra
JVC D-588B soundbar
Epson TW7200 projector

I’m sure its an issue with the soundbar as it’s not the best make. Therefore I was thinking a splitter would help as it would only be needing To deal with sound, but I want the atmos functionality!

thanks for your help 😊

There are threads here on AVF from back in 2018 where folk had issues with that Soundbar and Atmos support.

The HDFury AVR key was a good solution then and still the option I would look at if you want to split the Source signal as 4K UHD/HDR/HDCP2.2 to the Display plus FullHD audio to the Soundbar (the second output carries a dummy video signal which the Soundbar requires to allow it to lock to the signal).

A conventional splitter which simply mirrors the Input signal to both outputs is not going to help you and yes any splitter you introduce has to support all of the video and audio formats you are trying to support.

Joe

Thanks for your help Joe. That’s a little pricey for me unfortunately, but good to understand the cheaper splitters aren’t going to be much use in my situation

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom