DO all Dell XPS 15 come with IPS screens?

mrminaj86

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am having a right nightmare trying to find the right laptop online! The Dell XPS's have been reduced on some sites, and after having trouble finding laptops with a decent screen which give a true representation of colours, I thought I would go for the latest Dell XPS 15, however the screen specs seem to be listed differently on different sites, I am a novice so not entirely sure if I am looking for the right thing!
Dell XPS 15-9570 Laptop, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, 1TB HDD + 128GB SSD, 15.6" Full HD, Silver at John Lewis & Partners

and also here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-Infin...qid=1549662349&sr=8-3&keywords=dell+xps+15+i5

I thought these were the same at first glance, but the specs seem different on the screen! Help!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Well the second one at least claims an Adobe RGB screen rather than the standard sRGB, so colours will be incorrect in any program that isn't colour aware.

Well the second one at least claims an Adobe RGB screen rather than the standard sRGB, so colours will be incorrect in any program that isn't colour aware.
So they are different? sorry which one is the preferred out of the two? thanks for your reply!

So they are different? sorry which one is the preferred out of the two? thanks for your reply!

I've no idea about this specific model of laptop, I'm just pointing out that anything that isn't sRGB is going to have inaccurate colours across the screen in many programs, not just at the edges caused by the viewing angle effects of the different LCD types.

A quick check on notebookcheck shows there is an sRGB FullHD screen on some models so if the Amazon listing is correct then it seems like there may be multiple 1920x1080 screen options
Dell XPS 15 2018 9570 (8300H, GTX 1050, 97Wh) Laptop Review

You only get 2 choices with the 15 inch XPS - an HD 1920 x 1080 Anti-Glare Non-touch IPS 100% sRGB or a 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 InfinityEdge Touch IPS 100% AdobeRGB

What one would be best depends on what you are going to use it for.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom