Do all 42PX70 models have V-real?

C

csl62

I've just been quoted 2 prices for this TV - £899 and £699. I was told the reason for the price difference was that one had V-real and the other one didn't.
I'm confused. I thought all TH42PX70 had the same spec, and the only price differences were due to pedestal/no pedestal variants.

Did Panasonic produce a lower spec TH42PX70 with inferior picture processing capabilities?

YellowSphere

Novice Member
There's a 42PX7 which has a lower incarnation of the V-Real processor.

C

csl62

899 and 699 sound like prices for :

42PX70 - 699
42PZ70 - 899

The PZ70 is a later 'full HD' resolution panel.
There is lots of info on both models on this forum for you to compare them.

or have a look in google
and there's a review of each model here.

http://www.*/Panasonic-TH42PX70/
http://www.*/Panasonic-TH42PZ70B/
No, I was enquiring specifically about the PX70. Anyway I phoned them back and got a different answer. Apparently the £699 version doesn't have a digital tuner. This is Curry's BTW.

funkyspider

Ahhhh Currys - say no more.

I wasnt aware that the PX70 came in a version without freeview tuner and I've not seen 2 models listed anywhere else, but if true 200quid for an integrated tuner :eek:

I've just looked at their site and it does have the 42PX70 listed twice, one with a Digital tick and one without.

C

csl62

But if you look at the spec, they both have digital tuner.

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
No, I was enquiring specifically about the PX70. Anyway I phoned them back and got a different answer. Apparently the £699 version doesn't have a digital tuner. This is Curry's BTW.
It beggars belief the pure fantasy what Curry's come out with to fob off customers.

I suspect that sort of price difference is the PX70 cabinet. £700 without / £900 with is about the going rate, though it has been on offer even cheaper in some places.

chrispeters

Novice Member
PX70`s do have a built in freeview digital tuner........ !!

The price difference will be for..with cab...or without !!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom