Question Do AIO's always fail eventually?

WildeKarde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was talking to a couple of folk in game and they were talking about their AIO's failing and also getting leaks. They then mentioned that AIO's only last a couple of years anyway before pumps fail.

So having a looking online there was comments you get about 2 to 3yrs out of AIO pump, pushing it at 5yrs expectancy if you get lucky.

Now I've had mine over 3yrs - should I be assuming I'm going to have a failure? Should I plan ahead?

This is first PC I've done using AIO so not sure if it's a regular thing to be changed.

What's the opinions on this?

Well, I hope not - I have been running a Corsair H80i in my headless mini-ITX that is my firewall since March 2015 and I also have the H100i in my desktop since November 2016.

Just checked on the Corsair website and their warranty is:
"Hydro Series™ products have a 5 year warranty"

Been using a enermax liqtech 240 since jan 2015 and it's still going strong ( touch wood )
but it's just like anything , it's going fail at some point - just a matter of when!

Mine has been in my machine since black Friday 2015. I hope it does not fail yet as pc is still pretty high end

Mine has been in my machine since 2013, and still seems to be doing the job just fine.

Mines been going at least 7 years, hasn't missed a beat!

My NZXT Kraken X61 has been running fine since 2016 (other than having to replace the fans after one of them developed an annoying ticking sound). I hope it doesn't leak, although it would be a good excuse to upgrade my system to a 9900K if it did...

My Corsair H50 is over 8 years old now. Not a single problem with it.

All sounds positive then. Was just getting slightly paranoid as quite a few hardware reviewers on youtube also mentioned 2 to 3 years life in the AIO. From comments here they seem to be as reliable as any other hardware can be.

I must admit for the longest of times I stayed with air coolers and even now I am reticent to jump to full water cooling because water and electrics don't mix. If I have a burst in my heating (happened twice in 15 years in my home) I dry it out and slap some paint on the damage. With a pc it's a bit different

But, even my AIO set up but even more so proper liquid cooling rig, is just so much better at cooling, with less noise and smaller footprint than an air cooler. I won't go back now

All sounds positive then. Was just getting slightly paranoid as quite a few hardware reviewers on youtube also mentioned 2 to 3 years life in the AIO. From comments here they seem to be as reliable as any other hardware can be.
Prepare your self for when it does fail , put a tenna away each month in a little pot , and when yours does give up , you'll have a few quid put aside ,so your not forking out loads at a given time . ( just an idea )

Original H60 from 7/8 years ago. Still works perfectly and is on my i5 machine that operates as a server 24/7 and has done for the last 3 years :thumbsup:

My NZXT Kraken X61 has been running fine since 2016 (other than having to replace the fans after one of them developed an annoying ticking sound). I hope it doesn't leak, although it would be a good excuse to upgrade my system to a 9900K if it did...

I had that ticking sound on my Kraken when I used a low fan speed mode. Fixed it by changing the CPU fan header to PCM instead of DC in the bios.
(Currently using a Noctua air cooler. It's cooler and quieter than the Kraken I had before.)

I had that ticking sound on my Kraken when I used a low fan speed mode. Fixed it by changing the CPU fan header to PCM instead of DC in the bios.
I thought it was the pump initially, but this was one of the fan bearings failing - I could tap or stop the fan and it would be quiet. Replaced both with some matching Phanteks fans, problem solved :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom