• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DNS Issues - Some devices fine, others not???

norealplan

Distinguished Member
Hi guys,

Just after some help please.

I have numerous internet devices in my house and had a power cut this week which seems to have thrown them all out of whack!

They were all working fine, and now only my Mac computer and WDTV streaming device can obtain DNS settings. All my other devices connect to the network, can see each other but can't connect to the actual internet.

For instance on my Xbox 360, if I have it set to automatic settings, it fills in all the info like IP address and DNS but then when you test connection it says "DNS server cannot resolve xbox live server names"

I've checked my other devices, and all coming up with DNS settings issues. Now even when I manually enter the DNS settings of my internet company they're still not working.

I've restarted the router etc and still no joy. Just confused why I'm all of a sudden having DNS issues.

My PS3, Apple TV, NAS, Xbox 360, iPhone all won't now connect to the internet.

Please help!

Cheers

Craig

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom