• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

dns failed

geordief

Standard Member
on my s5560 I am continuously getting the message dns failed when I am connected to my wireless router (in my own house)
I was able to use the connection without a problem till now and have not made any changes to the setup.
All that has happened is that I allowed a member of the public to use it and now I wonder if he could have somehow banjaxed it.
I can connect to the wifi but once I try to actually perform a search I just keep getting this message *DNS failed*
I am the only person trying to use this network so it can't be overload.In addition my PC is also physically connected (as per usual) to the router (Linlsys wrt54gl) and is using the internet quite normally )
I did try to do a reset settings on the phone (in case it had somehow spontaneously corrupted its own settings) but it is asking me to enter a password and I don't want to do that as I never do....

bvilleuk

Established Member
on my s5560 I am continuously getting the message dns failed when I am connected to my wireless router (in my own house)

Can't think why you use a Mobile at home when you have a large monitor on your Computer :)

Get onto your Provider and get the GPRS and INTERNET re-sent to your phone [as a start] - when they arrive INSTALL and then with your phone switched on - take out the battery and the sim card... Re-install and you should be in business!

Have a chat with Customer Services as most DNS FAILED probs are caused by the Provider.

Press the RESET button your Router...

Good Luck!

geordief

Standard Member
thanks for the answer.
Well I just got this phone and so I am in the process of getting all the bits in it working so I wouldn't be using its screen over the pc monitor...
I did solve the problem when I did a reset settings on the phone but I am a bit mystified that that should have been necessary seeeing as I haven't used or overused it to any degree.
There was a member of the public using the wifi though and I wonder if his phone could have canged the settings on the router and somehow shut out my own phone..

I hope your instructions don't become necessary but if they do I will remember them and thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom