DNS Error 807101...

Harry_Salsamix

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Playstation 3, and I use it on my HDTV SONY 32D3000..

It's all perfect, exception made for the unbelievable bad NET connection via wireless.

With updates 1.7 and 1.9 of the PS3 I had an almost perfect connection.

But now with the last updates, mainly update 2.10, I have an horrendous one, the signal is almost alwaysweak, and it keep getting the same error over and over, this one:

- "DNS ERROR 807101..."

Before I had my HDTV I had my PS3 on the main room with a SDTV, but since then I have it now on my own room.

Can anybody please explain to me how the hell I fx this annoying NET error?

I'm using a Router of LINKSYS.

:confused:

I have a Playstation 3, and I use it on my HDTV SONY 32D3000..

It's all perfect, exception made for the unbelievable bad NET connection via wireless.

With updates 1.7 and 1.9 of the PS3 I had an almost perfect connection.

But now with the last updates, mainly update 2.10, I have an horrendous one, the signal is almost alwaysweak, and it keep getting the same error over and over, this one:

- "DNS ERROR 807101..."

Before I had my HDTV I had my PS3 on the main room with a SDTV, but since then I have it now on my own room.

Can anybody please explain to me how the hell I fx this annoying NET error?

I'm using a Router of LINKSYS.

:confused:

Is it this error?

80710102 - PS3 Cannot connect to the router with current IP information - Try rebooting your router

Do you mean turn off it all and then turn it on again?

Only that?

Yep, leave it all off for a few minutes. Switch your router on first and let the router fully load up then try and connect your PS3 again...If may not fixed the problem though!

I too have been getting this message & have been unable to connect for the last two days:confused:
No problems for the past four weeks, until I got UT3 that is (sod's law, been waiting 3 weeks for the thing); initially managed to play a few games online but later that evening unable to sign in.
I went for the option of downloading the game to my hard drive; I wonder if this has done something to my settings??
?Any clever people out there with any ideas....HELP!!

I have PS3 on the current version but not experianced this problem!

I wonder if it has closed some of the the firewall ports?

Try logging into router and make sure UPNP is enabled and check the relevent firewall ports for gaming. Also do a network test on the PS3 (in network settings)

Also when connection drops try 'pinging' the PS3. >start>run>type'cmd'>type ping (then IP address e.g 192.168.0.4)>then press enter. see if you get a reply!

I'm at work but will look into it a bit more later.

Hope it helps.

I'm at work too, but will try out your suggestions later, thanks.:thumbsup:

I just bought a PS3 today and tried to connect to the net via my wireless conection and when I try to connect I get the message
IP address succeeded
Internet Connection Failed
This is a DNS error (80710102)

Can anyone tell me what this means ?

I then tried to connect straight to the adsl via an ethernet cable but the cable will not fit into the socket on my PS3, I know I am not using the phone line cable as the cable I am using will connect both my router and pc.
Is this a fault with the PS3 or do I need a special ethernet cable ?

I just bought a PS3 today and tried to connect to the net via my wireless conection and when I try to connect I get the message
IP address succeeded
Internet Connection Failed
This is a DNS error (80710102)

Can anyone tell me what this means ?

I then tried to connect straight to the adsl via an ethernet cable but the cable will not fit into the socket on my PS3, I know I am not using the phone line cable as the cable I am using will connect both my router and pc.
Is this a fault with the PS3 or do I need a special ethernet cable ?

I had this error message when the wirless signal was too weak, about 40%

the signal strength is fine - about 82% so i do not think its anything to do with this but I do not understand why my ethernet cable will not fit into my ps3 as the instructions that came with the linksys did state to use the ethernet cable provided to link up each device up to a maximum of 4 devices.

I've got a feeling that the ps3 must be have a faulty ethernet port which is a pain in the a##e as I will have to take it back.

Please use the search function before starting a new thread. I have merged your thread with an existing thread in the PS3 Network section. :smashin:

Just to let people know, my problem has now been sorted by removing UT3 from my hard drive.
I'm on a wired connection & had no problems before installing the game.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom