1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dnm spkr cable alternative termination advice please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mick23, Jun 15, 2003.

1. mick23

Standard Member

Mar 20, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    hi all i use dnm reason 2 speaker cable biwired with cdm1nts in 4-2 configertion (3802) only has single speaker outputs) had a little fright today, realised no treble from one speakers tweeter.

the cause of this was where cable goes 2 into one at the amp end , the dnm cable is terminated with the dnm b/plugs which are solder type not grub screw fixing. the dnm cable is thin gauge copper and tends after a while to "break " inside where it is soldered and outer heat shrink sleeve,

this problem i am aware of it has happened before, if i use normal b/plugs with grub screws, the screws when flush to allow outer sleeve to be fitted also tend after a while to "sever " through the dnm cable.

anyone got any suggestions on a better methode of termination etc, do not really want to go of the expence of mono wired with thicker cable of another brand, or maybe loose out on sound quality if i do not bi-wire, which in general seems to be the way to go by forum members advice and dealers re cdms,

thanks all