Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DMTech DML4132WD or Hitachi 32LD7200?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by mdawkins, Jun 21, 2005.

Tags:
  1. mdawkins

mdawkins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at purchasing one of these LCD's and wondered if anyone could give me some advice on either of them. The DMTech has a built-in DVD player and was in John Lewis Milton Keynes at the weekend for £1095 incl 5yr warranty on the TV and 2yr warranty on the DVD player. The cheapest place I can find the Hitachi is at www.av-euronics.co.uk for £1275 incl delivery. The only downside I can see to the DMTEch it hasn't got an optical out for the builtin DVD player so you would have to use a seperate one to get 5.1 output. If the Hitachi is a better buy I will see if JL can price match as it is on their website, but out of stock at the moment!!

Thanks

Martin.

2. rob_finch

rob_finch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    I've got the Hitachi, and very happy with it I am too, as are several other forum members. Can't comment on the DMTech.

If you are going to pay extra for a DVD to use the optical out for 5.1 on the DM, surely the only question is a comparison in picture quality?

My advice : get the Hitachi and a decent DVD player (like my Panny S97!).