DMTECH 17" Combo Power Problems

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by russellbaldwin, Sep 10, 2007.

Tags:
  1. russellbaldwin

russellbaldwin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a 17" DMTECH LCD DVD Combo unit. Had it for a couple of years without fault but it now has an intermittent power problem which is getting more frequent (and frustrating). The unit remains on standby with the light displaying on the power button. When I hit the power button the light will sometimes flash avery second or so as if the unit is trying to power up, gets stuck and then tries again. The TV sounds like it starts to humm and then clicks off the power.

There's no answer but to turn unit off at the plug but this doesn't usually fix it. Leaving the unit off for a couple of days sometimes sorts it but it's very frustrating!! Any help would be appreciated!!

thanks

2. Kano001

Kano001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to bring up this old thread guy's but I have the same kind of problem on a 37" combo, typically it happened a few hours after I sold it and the guy turned up at the door to get a refund, so I now have a tv sitting doing nowt, is it an easy fix or am I better chucking it?

Regards.

3. Kano001

Kano001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to elobaorate further on this, symptoms are when tv is turned on the power led just flashes & the tv cycles through it's on/off routine in a constant loop, sounds like it's turning on then off etc...

I have googled many a thread on this and have never come up with an answer. DMtech uk are no help as it's been out of warranty for at least 2 years and want me to send the tv, not prepared to do this if I can fix it myself.

Regards.