DMRES10 multiregion?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by x5tjf, May 11, 2005.

1. x5tjf

x5tjf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I recently bought a Panasonic TH42PE50 plasma screen and got a DMRES10 recorder bundled in the package. At the time I was not offered the multiregion capability on the DVD recorder (but now it is being offered for an extra £10 !!) or I would have paid for this as I have a collection of region 1 DVDs.

I understand that converting the DMRES10 to multiregion is just a matter of putting a special Panasonic DVD into the drive and pressing Play?

Given that I live in N. Ireland so it will probably cost me £20 or so each way to send the recorder back to the UK mainland get this fixed. Does anybody know how I can get hold of a special Panasonic DVD disk or if there is anywhere locally in NI that I can take the recorder to get this upgrade done?

Many thanks. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Terry

2. Freddo14

Freddo14
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm no expert but I was planning on getting the same recorder and I found these guys

http://www.dvdchips.co.uk/

who sell a weird remote thingey that ought to do the trick, apparently.

hope thats helpful.

3. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142