1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMREH60D in stock

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kingdick, Aug 19, 2005.

1. kingdick

kingdick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had a phone call from my local panasonic shop,
    they are saying the above dvd recorder is in stock
    and retailing at £549.99 bit pricey personally, does
    anybody know of a more competative price online????

2. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
  3. Worm

Worm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
  4. MikeNolan

MikeNolan
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kingdick

Try multiregion magic. They're doing it for £449 including multiregion hack. Also special price for 5 discs at £10.

Mike

5. jamba

jamba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. staiger

staiger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. jamba

jamba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. IanS

IanS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
  9. kdp99

kdp99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Placed an order with Total Digital via their web site on Saturday am, and its just arrived at work and is sitting under my desk - can't argue with the service.

Keith

10. the blue angel

the blue angel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    placed order a while ago and its not gone though
    tried phoning no reply,sent a email and this is what i got back

CAPITAL SOUND & VISION LTD IN ADMINISTRATION

Mr A D Nygate and Mr S Bannon of BDO Stoy Hayward LLP, 8 Baker Street, London, W1U 3LL were appointed joint administrators of the above named company on 19th August 2005.

If you have any enquiries reference orders that you have already placed for goods, please contact Mr. Freddie Brudenell at the above address.

11. zbahu

zbahu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is still to clear, at least to me, whether this model has a working iLink interface. Someone reported that there is an iLink socket under the front panel flap, but I don't think anyone has been able to confirm if this is wired to anything or not!

Would really appreciated your feedback once you have had the chance to open the box and had a chance to play.

Colin

12. Stenataar

Stenataar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    RGB direct - £470. Bought my TV from them - ordered on a saturday and delivered on the tuesday.

13. kdp99

kdp99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20

Has DV in on the front, has DV input on the channels list, talks about DV recording in the manual, as far as I can go as I have no DV device to plug in to it.

Keith

14. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,750
    This is confirmed in this article.

15. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +383
    Are they doing the same price instore?

16. Stenataar

Stenataar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I don't know

17. McPop72

McPop72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The price from Total Digital is the best I can find: £439 + £9.99 postage. A lot cheaper then KK Electronics at £479 delivered which is where I was going to originally order from based on their reviews

Reading the customer reviews on Total Digital, they don't get a good press in all honesty. Advertising items in stock when they aren't and taking orders on the basis of this. Also their customer service gets a slating

However, I don't see any criticisim on here and wonder whether it's worth taking a chance. Anyone have any ideas?

18. staiger

staiger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This to anyone who has bought this recorder. The following is a copy of an email I have just sent Panasonic UK with regard to 3 problems I have noticed.

"I have just bought your new DVD/HDD recorder model DMR EH60D and I have 3 problems. Firstly a small leaflet inside the box says that the "Guide plus" is not fully functional, can you tell me when it will be. This is one of the major reasons for buying this machine along with it's large hard disc drive. No mention of that shortfall on your web site. Secondly the standard of on-screen graphics is terrible, most annoying is that the letter "B" looks like the figure "8" also all the text looks fuzzy, not very sharp. This looks stupid and I don't expect this sort of error on a several hundred pound machine. Lastly, so far at least, is when using Direct Navigator to choose a recording to play. I recorded 4 short recordings just to check everything was ok. If I then choose the first recording it plays it fine but rather than stopping at the end of it, it then plays the next recording and so on until all the recordings have been played back. This I feel is a major fault as neither my Toshiba RD-XS32 or RD-XS34 or indeed my brothers Sony do this. They ALL stop at the end of each recording. I hope you can provide me with answers to the above questions."

If any other buyers of this recorder have noticed the same or other problems please could you let me and the other forum members know.

Thankyou for you help....

19. illustrator

illustrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonics have always played without stopping at the end of each recording, its not a fault, it's what you get used to

20. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,212
    This is just referring to the fact that the TV guide is limited by what Freeview currently provides - as the Freeview EPG is improved and expanded so to will your EPG. Panasonic have no control over this. That said it's possible they might well issue firmware upgrades to improve functionality (probably over the air). But as things stand here and now it's a functional 8 day EPG.

How are you connecting to the TV set? Are you using a good quality RGB scart? Are you connected using RGB?

That's been a feature of Panasonic DVD recorders since the E20 - the idea is to prevent you constantly having to chop to a menu to select recordings (instead you can just use the navigation keys). Obviously when you dub to DVD in video mode each 'title' will become exactly that so you have the menu structure on the disc.

21. staiger

staiger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thankyou for that information I guess I am so used to my
    2 Toshibas that it seemed very strange that it just played
    each recording one after the other.

With regard to the "Guide plus" while looking at their site
    http://www.europe.guideplus.com/En/our_service.html
    I was hoping the Panasonic would give the same level of
    information. I will just have to grin and bear it until they
    upgrade.

The recorder is connected via good quality scart cable
    and using RGB. While the tv picture can not be faulted
    whenever I display any of the menus the text looks fuzzy
    with a white outline around the letters.

22. the blue angel

the blue angel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try changing in the menue rgb out on your dvd recorder if it is fuzzy then there is either something wrong with player or you have it set up wrong in output on dvd recorder

23. McPop72

McPop72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Finally stopped dithering and plumped for the Sony RDR-HX510 (£309 for multiregion version from KK Electronics) over a potential DMREH60 purchase

Granted it doesn't have an internal freeview tuner like the Panasonic DMREH60 or the 200GB memory but these were willing sacrifices given there is no guarantee of freeview reception where I am moving. If I want digital channels in the future I will either get a Sky+ box (with it's internal 80 GB HD) at £80 or the freeview box from Sony (VTX-D800) also at around £80 which has Smartlink and can automatically set the HX510 (saves programming two separate units). The HX510 and one of these units comes in at less than £400

I have to say that having owned a Panasonic DVD recorder in the past (DMRE55), the superior quality of the HX510 is tangible in many respects. I completely agree with Staiger that the standard of on-screen graphics on Panasonic recorders is poor. At close to £500 you really would expect better for your money. Programming on the Sony is slick, more straightforward and polished. I have only recorded in SP mode so far but the quality is excellent. The build quality of the unit is also far superior to the Panasonic with it's flappy plastic dvd drive cover

The information gleaned on this forum in conjunction with reading reviews and seeing the units in the flesh, has been invalauble in making my decision. Many thanks

24. gavan

gavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    I'm living in Switzerland and the 'Guide Plus' functionality with my EH50 was absolutely first class. In many ways it beat the Sky EPG and it made making recordings an absolute doddle (plus, it titled the recording too).

I'm not too sure how well implemented it is in the UK. The GuidePlus info says that ITV and British Eurosport carry UK info. For some reason the UK model EH50 woudn't support Guide Plus so I'm guessing that maybe it isn't fully working in the UK yet.

Gav