1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMREH50 teething prob

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by steve1234X, May 17, 2005.

1. steve1234X

steve1234X
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought this last week but cant seem to get it to record from cable. Cable is set up on AV1 but only records a blank screen although you can see it when viewing TV normally.

Any ideas?

Probably something simple

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Make sure cable box output and DVDR input are both set to RGB......also make sure you are using a fully wired scart lead.

3. steve1234X

steve1234X
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks, will check tonight. Am recording onto the units Hard Drive HDD. Not sure whether this makes a difference here.

Steve

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    Just to expand slightly - the recording of the blank screen (I am assuming you can hear sound OK) indicates the unit is expecting an RGB signal but only getting a composite one. The four major things to check are:

1) You have connected the DVD recorder to the TV Output on the Digibox. I cannot stress TV Output enough - only the TV output is RGB compatible.

2) Ensure you Cable box is set to output RGB.

3) Ensure you do not have a VCR connected to the VCR scart on the Sky digibox as, if on, this will force composite.

4) Ensure you are using a fully wired scart cable!

5. supermart

supermart
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have just bought a DMREH50 (HDR) and I cannot get it to record from my Skybox using the recording timer, although it works if I use the External Link button on the remote and use Autoview in the Sky EPG. There seems to be a conflict in the instructions for cabling depending on whether I read the TV manual, the HDR manual or the Skybox manual.

I have the Skybox TV output to TV AV1
    Skybox VCR output to HDR
    HDR AV2 output to TV AV2.

In addition the three units are linked by RF in the order Skybox, HDR, TV. The TV setup for AV2 is AV1. The TV sees the Skybox as AV1 and the HDR as AV2.

Is there anything wrong with these connections? The post above says the Skybox TV output should be to the HDR, but which SCART socket and how are the other connections made?

I'm confused.

6. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    Sky TV Out >>> AV2 on the EH50 and then AV1 >>> TV AV1

(Ext Link recording will not work with this setup but you will have RGB recording)