DMRE85 - Slight Picture Interference

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jasooooo, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Jasooooo

Jasooooo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Just got the above recorder.

I've enabled RGB on the DMRE85 and plugged it (via 2 high quality scarts) in as follows:

Sky TV (RGB) scart -> DVD recorder scart
    DVD recorder TV scart -> Sony RGB scart (model: KVFX32)

When the DVD recorder is switched on (as opposed to when it's off and just acting as a pass-through for the scart connection between the Sky box and the TV) the picture quality suffers slightly...it seems to be a little "harsher" if that makes sense. Also, when I switch Sky channels and get the momentary "blue screen" you can see faint ghosting of diagonal lines when the DVD recorder is switched on.

These are quite minor picture issues...is this normal? Anyone else got a similar thing?

Thanks,
    Jason.

2. OARDVD

OARDVD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. WarPig843

WarPig843

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I have a very similar problem with my new DMRE85 model. I can see a ghost image of another TV chanel which is annoying.

The scart leads that I was originaly using were old and perhaps poor quality and so I purchased a Thor scart lead from www.tvcables.co.uk for £17.98.

After playing around with the scart leads I managed to temporarily get rid of the problem. However, as the set up with a sky box requires 2 scart leads (Im still using one of the old scart leads) the problem hasnt fully gone away.

For that reason Ive ordered a second Thor scart lead in the hope of solving the problem. Ive just missed the postmans knock at the door as he tried to deliver it, so hopefully I will be collecting it tomorrow.

I know that you say your using good scart leads alresdy, but Ill let you know if this works.

4. Jasooooo

Jasooooo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to both for the replies.

Not got any RF cables plugged in...the only cables I'm currently connecting with are the RGB scarts.

My picture problems don't seem as bad as yours Bear but if the new scarts solve your problem I may try the same thing (although I already have a £35 Ixos cable and another that was around £20 iirc, so I'm not sure that will help). Be interested to see if the new scarts work for you though.

Generally do people find the picture does degrade slightly when viewing through the DVD recorder or is it just as good when viewing via a direct Sky to TV connection?

Am I expecting too much?

Cheers,
    Jason.

5. lloydo

lloydo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jason

I'm in the same boat as you, I have a E85 connected to a Panasonic 5 series plasma and then connected to the plasma with component, I was not expecting the picture to degrade but it looks 'lifeless' and the sky banners just don't look right when passed through the E85, still contemplating taking the E85 which is a shame because the prog scan DVD image is fantastic.

6. WarPig843

WarPig843

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    The new scarts worked a treat. Ive got two new Thor scarts coming out of the sky digi box (one to the E85, and one to the tv). The older scart that I already had is used from E85 to tv. This was the only configuration that solved the ghosting problem without having to buy a third new scart.