DMRE550 Video from firewire/Audio from external scource?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by barry1901, May 6, 2005.

1. barry1901

barry1901
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I intend to record directly from a camcorder to a Panasonic DMRE500HEBS via the firewire facility, as the subject is some distance away would it be possible to simultaneously record the audio from an external mike connected directly to the DVD recorder in preference to the audio on the firewire link?
    Thanks in anticipation.
    Barry.

2. Benfica

Benfica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No.

You can however do one of these two things:

- You can connect your camcorder through S-Video to your DVDR recorder and connect your external mic to DVDR recorder.

- You can connect you external mic to your camcorder (if it has that option), and in that case connect the camcorder to DVDR through firewire.

HTH

3. barry1901

barry1901
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Benfica,
    Thank you for the swift and informative reply, at least now I know, I think I will take your first suggestion ie S-VHS and external mike.
    Cheers,
    Barry

4. Benfica

Benfica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok.

But you are aware that you are compromising on PQ (picture quality) ? I mean, a firewire connection from your camcorder to DVDR recorder is better then a s-video connection.

HTH

5. barry1901

barry1901
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Benfica,
    thanks again for the turbo fasty reply, yes, unfortunately I am aware of the drop in quality but I have had very mixed results from using the fiddly little audio inputs on camcorders.
    Cheers,
    Barry.