DMRE55 - Recording Freeview programs ???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by prycebuild, Jul 19, 2005.

1. prycebuild

prycebuild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all
    I am new to all this tech. speak and i'm sure what i am asking is really quite simple to achieve.

i have a DMRE55 dvd recorder and a Sagem freeview box - what wiring and set-up configuration do i need to record programs on Freeview as well as on the normal terrestrial TV (at present it will record from TV as with a normal video/dvd but not from Freeview) - please help.

2. dicky

dicky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You need to hook up the freeview box (via scart) to the DVD recorder (sagem out to dvd in) the DVD out goes into the TV scart (you should already have this connection done at present), when you switch on the Freeview box it should pass-thru the recorder. To record from freeview you would need to select either AV1 or AV2 (whichever it is connected to on the TV). Select RGB on the freeview box and DVD recorder and you should then be set.

You have not given any details of your available connections so I have just done the most simplistic way presuming you have 1 RGB enabled scart on the TV.

Regards