dmre55 possible problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by curleous, May 5, 2005.

1. curleous

curleous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can someone help on this problem that i have just discovered. When i try recording a program and watch the program at the same time the picture on the tv changes to black and white as soon the recorder starts to record. The recorded program records ok and is in colour and the picture reverts back to colour when the recorder stops recording.The set up i have is as follows...
    skybox set to o/p rgb connected to av2 on dmre55 and av1 o/p set to rgb. I have the av1 o/p connected to a viera 42 inch plasma on the av4 input. I have not tried it on any other av inputs yet as they are utilised by other stuff.

Anyone please point me in the right direction please...

Cheers

Curleous

2. guylj

guylj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen this sort of problem where an input (eg your AV4) is set to S-Video and connected via a fully wired SCART. Then if the incoming signal is not S-Video but composite you will see black and white. If the signal is RGB then the input may detect there is no RGB and instead look at the composite pins with the same effect. Or it can be the other way round with your input expecting composite or RGB but getting S-Video.

But that doesn't explain what you've described here I'm afraid.

3. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I know one my AV inputs does this-i have to switch on the VCR and the colour comes back. Sounds like a similar problem?? I have a big SCART loop as i have 2 freeview boxes,a VCR,a DVD and a DVD-R. As i say,all i know is it all works fine but(i can't remember the exact situation) in certain circumstances the video has to be on!(It must be a rare occasion as i only had to do it once) May be worth trying switching certain things on iof you have lots of stuff? May also have to check the AV settings for each thing too :rolleyes: