DMRE20 "U11" Error

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Rasczak, May 26, 2002.

1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,600
    Hi,

Can anyone help me with an error am geeting when trying to copy VHS tapes over to DVD-R on the DMRE20? I am using Pinco DVD-R disks - I insert the disk and press Record - it 'records' for 20 seconds or so and then 'U11' appears on the display on the machine and a second or two latter it turns itself off. When I switch it back on the disk is still unused.

I am using Princo 4.7GB DVD-R disks.

Thanks

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,600
    In an update to above...if I keep trying it eventually gets going and then it records ok. I had no problems transfering other VHS videos to DVD-R although I admit this is a somewhat older tape (of Day of the Triffids).

Can anyone shed light on this U11 error?

3. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    Yes it is a disk error.

It has absolutely nothing to do with your source material from VHS or otherwise.

You're Princo's are no good. Usually they are OK but some batches are 1st gen disks and you'll have poor luck with them. Insist on Princo 2nd gen when you buy next time.

Try alternate brands like FWS 2nd generation or the newly available 3rd gen ones which generally work superbly.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,600
    Cheers - I'll try different disks in future. I have made a number of VHS copies successfully - should I redo these on new disks or are they OK if the recording has been successful?

5. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    If they have recorded fine then I don't see why you should waste what you've done ?

However the good thing about the later better quality disks is they will play in far more 3rd party dvd players than the early cheap disks.

6. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Rasczak

I tried Datasafe discs and they failed in the manner you describe but I saw no error message, the machine just shut down.
    The supplier told me that Datasafe is in fact princo so i would avoid them too. Although a later generation disc may perform ok. I am using FWS branded at the moment.