1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMRE-500 Manual missing lots

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by JeffHNZ, Apr 24, 2005.

1. JeffHNZ

JeffHNZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just getting to grips with this new recoder which I have bought. On-Screen Menus seem good, however I notice there are quite a few settings that are not detailed in the manual. For example there is a shipping sub-menu that has a warning about data being lost/destroyed. Also menu of the features in the 'Setup' Menu are not explained fully, eg:Sound Options.

Where can I get details on the features that are not in the manual. Really looking for details of what these settings do and what they are there for and how I should be setting them for my installation.

Any help or suggestions of where to look would be appreciated.

Jeff.

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    You could try looking for manuals that cover the DMR-E500 for other markets such as the US version of the manual. Obviously there'll be stuff in them that is not relevant for your PAL UK version but they may just cover the items that you feel are lacking from your own manual.

http://service.us.panasonic.com/operman/findmanual.aspx?model=DMRE500

Hope that helps. Out of interest how are you finding your E500 (ignoring your sound issues, I read your other thread)? Do you make use of the ethernet network option? I'm seriously torn between getting the E500 or the new EH50, the big plusses for the E500 are the 400GB HDD and networking abilities but at a cost whereas the EH50 has the newer video processing abilities and greater format coverage. Do you still think the E500 is worth the extra outlay?

S.

P.S. Sorry for the thread hi-jack. :oops: