DMR HWT130 Has it got a problem? Any users got the same?

Sadone

Novice Member
Reaction score
Panasonic PVR.
Works perfectly for long periods but needs AC power down to regain full functionality. Like last night could not get Direct Navigator (List of recorded programmes) to work. Just got a black screen. Unplugged mains and all restored. Have set up Favourites1 and every now and then Catagory: All DVB channels comes back. Have to reset with Blue button. I can sort these things out but my wife cannot due to disabilty. If not for the glitches I'd give it 6 stars (out of 5).

Last edited:
I bought a brand new Panasonic DMR-HW220 1TB PVR a few months ago and by sheer coincidence it did exactly the same thing to me last night - unplugging from the wall and restarting fixed it, but curious to know why...

Last edited:
Data corruption....upsetting the operating system.

It can be caused by almost anything. Power supply noise - although most is filtered out, and of course broadcast transmission corruption caused by RF interference, which again can be caused by innumerable sources.
All microprocessor / software driven receiver systems are vulnerable to the problem.

It may just be coincidence - but it is potentially interesting that two events ( and possibly more ) occurred on the same evening.

So it may not be a hard fault. Think I will have to plug it in to a socket my wife can reach:). Thank you for the replies.

I bought a brand new Panasonic DMR-HW220 1TB PVR few months and by sheer coincidence it did exactly the same thing to me last night - unplugging from the wall and restarting fixed it, but curious to know why...

Never seen this on my HW-120.

Clem

After not trouble since purchase, it did it again last night - as I've only had it a couple of months, I may take it back to Richer Sounds and see what they say... :(

After not trouble since purchase, it did it again last night - as I've only had it a couple of months, I may take it back to Richer Sounds and see what they say... :(
Snap! It's getting regular now.

Snap! It's getting regular now.
Tried raising the issue with Panasonic? Oddly, both my old Sony 910 PVRs need to be power-cycled a lot recently, and they lock-up in odd ways, and it takes an age to get them working again. Perhaps something is being broadcast which is causing the boxes to choke.

Clem

We have the HW120 and no matter what we throw at it I can't trip it up. It may not be quite as clever as our 1000s Freesat PVR but it's great value for money and also has good DLNA capabilities. No blackouts here to report.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom