1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMR HS2EBS VS normal dvd recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by SILVERBACK, Mar 27, 2003.

1. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    can anyone give me any links or help on the hs2ebs im not really upto speed on the whole dvd recorder thing so any advice is appreciated,also i know that i dont want a phillips dvd recorder lol so its pana or pana so to speak lol,is the hard drive really worth having and how does it all work and whats the limitations of such thing ??? thanks in advance :D :smashin:

2. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    I`ve only had my HS2 for just over one week , But i have to say its a fantastic piece of equipment.

The picture and sound quality are superb and not far behind my Pioneer 939 DVD player, Ive used the hard drive and DVD drive for recording and again the quality is excellent.

The hard drive works really well not having owned a Tivo or Sky+ its great just being able to hit the record button and not worry if there`s enough space on the tape to make the recording.

There`s a very useful forum here just on the HS2 !!

Go for it i`m sure you`ll be impressed :)

Cheers

3. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    cheers mate glad your impressed with yours looks like im gonna be doing a much closer inspection of his unit ;) lol oh and i hope yours stay fault free :smashin:

4. Bogside

Bogside

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +358
    I think it boils down to how much archiving you intend to do and how much you record before watching.

On a normal recorder you can record (up to) 6 hrs at a time. You can then watch and delete to make room for more recordings. A few discs and you should be ok.

However with the HS2 you can record for longer periods and at the higher recording quality. You can then archive and keep almost full dvd quality recordings forever.