DMR-EX95 rear view?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by IanShewan, Aug 5, 2006.

1. IanShewan

IanShewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One thing that really frustrates me in the review sites is that we see lovely front view pictures of our next purchase, but not the more practical rear view. Thinking about buying a EX95, seeing the connections layout would be really useful, especially when trying to get the cabling worked out ahead of time.

Anyone know of a good review site that provides rear view pics, and in particular the EX95? If you own the EX95 already, and want to be really helpful, feel free to take a pic and mail me ;-)

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,095
  3. IanShewan

IanShewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Gav, already been there :) Part of the reason for the real picture is to determine if my 1m HDMI cable will thread through the Panasonic stand from the TV, which it will if the HDM is near the edge of the unit. My general gripe still remains with reviews generally.

Now for a possible dumb follow up question. The ex95 boasts 'RF passthru' and to me that is the same as what I know as Ariel in/out, which on my old kit is two side-by-side connectors. I understand that as 'coaxial' and the two connectors are used to take the ariel signal in and out of my VCR to the next unit (TV). The diagram in the link shows zero 'coaxial' connections but 3 'composite' connections. Am I missing something?

4. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,095
    Hi Ian

I agree with your gripe about reviews.

I have located a picture showing rear detail of the EX95. Please send me a private message with your email address and I'll send it direct to you.

Regarding your query about RF pass-thru and coaxial connectors .. They are present. The picture will clear up all your queries I think ... AVland seems to have missed that aspect out.

Gavin

5. Hal_loe

Hal_loe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    The manual which is available from the Panasonic Website contains a rear view on page 9 of the DMR-EX95V connections.

Hope that helps.

6. IanShewan

IanShewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to both of you. Gavin, your message box was full and I noticed Hal's post when I came back here. Yes the manual shows the connection positions and I now know I have to buy a longer HDMI cable, lol. This is a great first experience in the forums.

7. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,095
    Pleased you are sorted... and thanks for alerting me to the state of my inbox , which has now been dealt with.