1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMR-ES10 UK version noise present on AV2 RGB in SCART (urgent help needed)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Nielo TM, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    I have bought DMR-ES10 a week ago and I noticed that I get some noise on AV2 RGB in SCART. There shouldn’t be any kind of noise when RGB is enabled but I still get it, I know is not the cable cos the noise only appears when the unit is turned on. Does anyone have this issue and should I get it replaced. I need to know quickly as possible so I can do an exchange today.

Thx for any help :)

:lease:

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    How do you know its the Panny causing the noise. Presumably you have another device connected to the Panasonic AV2 socket? Could it be this that is responsible for the noise?

3. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    Because the Sky RGB goes into the Panasonic AV2 RGB in. When the unit is turned off its fine but when it’s turned back on I see some minor noise on the blue background (when u change channel on SKY) its even worse when NON RGB signal in inputted (video).

ps: the AV in NR seems to fix it but the picture looks kinda grainy.

When I select Video in on the setting I saw tones of noise on the sky blue background.

I know it’s not the cable cos the pic degrades when the Panny is turned on, when turned off again its fine.

4. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    needm some help here :lease:

5. twills99

twills99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi. I have this model. I seem to remember I had a similar problem, and that I changed the AV channel from the default (21) to 0 and this sorted it. There is a page in the manual re reducing noise, and I followed the directions there.
    Hope this assists.

6. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    ok I just did that, I changed to -- (there is no 0) and the noise is still there. I'm also using RGB SCART not RF.

Thx for the help though

7. illustrator

illustrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had something like this a while ago. On your tv select a dead channel, '6' or '99' some channel thats not tuned into anything. Then switch back to AV & see if the noise is still there.

The TV I had was sending its tuner video back down the scart lead & causing interference.

8. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    I had that problem on my Sony KV21CL10U 21” TV, I tuned my Panasonic VCR to a black channel and used that as background channel so now there is no background noise or moving ghosts interference, but the DVD recorder it another problem that I don’t know how to fix.

I got a replacement today and I still get the noise, but the good news it that the interference is much lower on just PAL video mode then on the previous unit.

The noise becomes less visible when I select AV IN NR, but I get some after image on that.

I get a clear pic when the unit it turned off, it only when the unit is turned on I get this mess.

9. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    I even tried connecting monster cable and its still there, do u guys recommend any another DVD recorder for under £200.

10. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    Ok, I really need help here guys,

The noise is annoying and when I enable AV NR I get after image/ripple/trail effect.

I spoke to Panasonic tech like and they don’t even know wot the problem is.

I really need some help here.

11. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    I really need help here; I only got few days return it. Anyone here that have both sky and the DMRES10, I’m getting small amount of video noise on the blue screen (the one the displayed when changing channels) on sky. You must if have it connected through RGB out form sky to AV2 RGB in SCART right. Can you please find a channel (that won’t start for some time usually has blue background) plz tell me if you can see any visible video noise on the blue screen?

I bought it form John Lewis and I need to return it if you didn’t see and video noise in 2-3 days cos I spoke to them this morning..

I’m trying to jump my pose to the top, I just need some help here. I spoke to Panasonic customer care and they think is a faulty unit. I might get Panny 3rd time but I done want to have problem as before.

Thx for any help :lease:

12. fieldl

fieldl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one of these (DMRES10) with a NTL box connected to AV2 using RGB/Scart and I do not have this problem. Does sound like the unit is faulty.

13. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    ok, John Lewis got some new unites in and I hope it’s been fixed.