Question DMR-ES10 / PVR / TV scart connection ?

panman40

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old hat I know! But trying to connect up a new but basic toshiba lcd TV with one scart socket, a panasonic DMR-ES10 dvd recorder and a humax SD PVR ( not sure of model but has 2 scart sockets ). I'm doing this with scart leads, it's been a while since I had a very similar setup and its slipped my mind. A mate says scart from TV to PVR to DVDR, I think that's correct but a reassurance would be good, also if daisy chaining which starts would it be? Ie TV or vcr/DVDR ?.

Many thanks.

The convention is to regard scart sequences from source to destination...and given that you may want to archive something from the PVR to the DVDR ( and cannot do it the other way around) and in all cases should wish to retain the highest possible quality, the sequence should be:

PVR 'TV out' scart ( set to RGB) to AV2 of ES10.
AV1 of ES10 to TV scart set to intake RGB.

To watch PVR , turn off ES10.

To watch ES10, turn ES10 on.

To record PVR on ES10 , set ES10 input selection to AV2.

The convention is to regard scart sequences from source to destination...and given that you may want to archive something from the PVR to the DVDR ( and cannot do it the other way around) and in all cases should wish to retain the highest possible quality, the sequence should be:

PVR 'TV out' scart ( set to RGB) to AV2 of ES10.
AV1 of ES10 to TV scart set to intake RGB.

To watch PVR , turn off ES10.

To watch ES10, turn ES10 on.

To record PVR on ES10 , set ES10 input selection to AV2.

Thanks for that, just to clarify, to watch a dvd from the ES10 would the PVR need to be left switched on or just in standby ?.

Thanks for that, just to clarify, to watch a dvd from the ES10 would the PVR need to be left switched on or just in standby ?.
Once the DVD is switched on, the status of the PVR doesn't matter. It can be on or Off.
If the DVD is On, it will take over and feed itself down the line.

If you happened to select AV2 as the input source on the ES10 whilst the PVR is On - you would see the PVR's output ( and could record it on the DVDR)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom