• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DMR-EH85 DVD Issue

SWPAVF1

Standard Member
I can no longer read DVD's on my DMR-EH85 - keep getting "no read". I cleaned the spindle but this did not solved the problem. I ran the device with the cover and DVD tray out of the unit and noticed that the led does turn on but when backed away from the disk. The read head does five seeks and the spindle does turn a bit but the unit gives up on trying to find the DVD and issues a "no read" message. I also noticed that the unit indicates that there is a DVD in the drive when there isn't (DVD indicator is on). I reset this by depressing the up and stop buttons but problem persists. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Gavtech

Administrator
I can no longer read DVD's on my DMR-EH85 - keep getting "no read". I cleaned the spindle but this did not solved the problem. I ran the device with the cover and DVD tray out of the unit and noticed that the led does turn on but when backed away from the disk. The read head does five seeks and the spindle does turn a bit but the unit gives up on trying to find the DVD and issues a "no read" message. I also noticed that the unit indicates that there is a DVD in the drive when there isn't (DVD indicator is on). I reset this by depressing the up and stop buttons but problem persists. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Unfortunately the DVD drive has failed... and there is nothing you can do about this bar replacement, which is most definitely not economic.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom